WordPress Multisite is a powerful tool to build your network of websites easily.
Every single website within your multisite network will have its dedicated URL and title. This is how you would usually set them.
Configuring blog title in WordPress Multisite
You can configure your website’s blog title in a WordPress Multisite environment similar to how you’d do it with a regular WordPress website.
- Enter the admin dashboard of the corresponding website at
- Navigate to
Settings > General.
- Enter your desired site title
Configuring the blog URL in WordPress Multisite
To edit the blog URL of a single website within your WordPress Multisite installation you need to access the Network Admin. Once there, you can follow these simple steps to configure your blog URL.
- Navigate to
Sites > All Sites.
Editbelow the corresponding website.
- Enter your desired Site Address (URL).
[Bugfix] Fix WordPress Multisite wrong blog titles and URLs
You may occasionally come across the case that changing the blog title and/or URLs of your multisite websites does not become effective.
The most obvious reason for this is a broken WordPress Multisite configuration. Make sure that you have configured your wp-config.php and your .htaccess files as specified under
Settings > Network Setup within the Network Admin of your Multisite.
If everything is correctly set up, the next step would be to disable all plugins and check if this helps.
If the error still persists, there is another place where the bug may sit:
- Navigate to the filesystem of your website.
- Check if there are any files under
- Create a copy of all those files in a safe place (outside of your WordPress installation).
- Delete one after the other of these files and find out which one causes the bug.
Hint: If there is a file
memcache-fix.phpthe chance is high that this file causes the trouble.